sabato 1 febbraio 2014

A night at Miss France in Rome... At my 24th birthday!

I spent midnight on my 24th birthday by doing something absolutely fantastic.
Behind my house there is a shop called Miss France, I have always wanted to visit but unfortunately I have always found it closed.




By accident or a stroke of luck, until one morning on Twitter I read a post that sent me to the official Barbie Xanax's Blog, who wrote an article about this store and discovered with astonishment that it's open only at night!


The owner is Maryse Fabre who was actually Miss France in 1956, and I talked with her for nearly three hours, while showing me the fifties clothes, jewelery, designer coats, handbags, swimwear, lovely hats and anything you can imagine find a store from the window so absurd and charming.





If you find yourself in Via Della Scrofa in Rome over the weekend and you suffer from insomnia... going to visit this store! 
But beware... don't go there if you are claustrophobic (the shop is really really tiny and full, in fact she allow to get a person once as written out of the door!), and despite it open only at night don't go if it rains. Maryse is terrified that his shop being flooded and prefers to keep it closed. 
Ironically I visited before the big rain that hit Rome a few weeks ago. Will it be flooded? :-/ 
If you happen to buy something do it, Maryse will captivate you with his ringing voice and her sweetness. You will surely find something special in his shop window. Good Luck!





















The opening window of Miss France.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento